Reading is one of the best relaxing past times, especially when I’m feeling anxious as hell and can’t fall asleep. It’s even better now that I can use iBooks on my phone in bed. Much comfort, such read!
Here are my January to March reads. You’ll see that I am still a teenage girl at heart by some of the cringey romantic novels among the pick. However, I love them and I hope there’s someone out there who will pick up/download these beauties and enjoy them too!
- If I Was Your Girl – Meredith Russo. ~ This book was an absolute eye opener. It’s about a teenage trans girl who falls in love with a boy who doesn’t know she is trans. Good luck with your morals and be ready to open your mind and heart to a topic rarely spoken about in today’s society.
- A Stolen Life – Jaycee Dugard. ~ I’ve read this memoir numerous times now but always seem to re-download it when I can’t seem to find a new book to read. Jaycee Dugard was abducted at the age of 11 and kept captive for 18 years – having 2 children to her abductor. It’s intense and heartbreaking. A true story that will leave you angry, questioning why, and in absolute awe of this incredibly strong woman.
- Billy and Me – Giovanna Fletcher. ~ A romance story that you could only dream of happening to you. Sophie May falls in love with ridiculously hot and famous actor Billy Buskin *swoon*, and the book tells the story of how they manage Billy’s intense life, and Sophie’s intense anxiety. Have read it twice because the way Giovanna writes is so addictive!
- Always With Love – Giovanna Fletcher. ~ The sequel to Billy and Me. I shall say no more.
- Girl Online, Girl Online: On Tour, Girl Online: Going Solo – Zoe Sugg. ~ I am a massive fan of Zoe Sugg and her books are my absolute favourite. The Girl Online series tells the story of Penny Porter and the love of her life Brooklyn Boy. They meet in New York – yep. That’s all I’m going to say because that’s why I was drawn to the books. It’s an absolute fantasy. I love.
- Everything, Everything – Nicole Yoon. ~ Such a different book. Maddy has a disease that prevents her from ever leaving her house.. Ever. It’s such an interesting read because it’s so very different. And there’s a boy of course!
- Lying About Last Summer – Sue Wallman. ~ Drama, thriller, romance. My favourite! About a girl whose sister died in a tragic accident. She is sent to a ‘grief’ camp by her parents and that is where all the drama unfolds. And a boy… Woo!
- All The Bright Places -Jennifer Niven. ~ This book is so intensely sad and moving. I cried. Multiple times. It involves, mental illness, suicide, love and friendship and I couldn’t put my phone down. So good.
And yes, I read these books and sooo many more just between January and March this year. I love them all so much. I get addicted and read them in one or two sittings. I’m not even mad about my problem!
I hope you enjoy these reads! Let me know in the comments if you’ve read any of these beauties, or if you have any suggestions of great books please let me know!