Last November my partner and I adopted our darling baby kitty Monty when he was 8 weeks old! He’s absolutely the best and most challenging thing to ever happen to us and he has us wrapped around his very sharp claws. Monty was found in a shopping centre car park and therefore was extremely timid and hated being held. My partner and I were (and sometimes still are) covered elbow to fingers in scratches and bites just trying to get this damn kitten to let us hold him! So I devised a plan. I’d try and teach him to do something nice (like kiss or nuzzle) and then I’d put him down! And it worked!! So… this is a guide on how to get your kitten to kiss you! ~see featured photo for evidence ~
- Get a kitten
- Hold kitten as tight as possible without hurting kitten – this step works well when they’re asleep and wake up in your arms
- When kitten is squirming and trying to get away, kiss his head or nose or give him a big pat while saying ‘kisses’ or ‘love’ (lol how desperate does this sound, poor cat)
- Once you have kissed or shown affection to kitten – put him down
- Keep at it!
- Kitten will learn that by being affectionate, he will be let down
- Have fun holding your kitten for .3 second before he learns to automatically kiss you and get let down!!
I now have a darling 7 month old brat cat who instantly tries to kiss me when I pick him up because he knows that chances are he’ll be let down!
I hope you had a good laugh at mine and Monty’s expense! Leave a comment below telling me what the favourite thing is about your pet! Or what pet you’d love to have if you don’t already have one.